[Pdns-users] master slave stuff

harald kapper hk at kapper.net
Tue Jul 12 01:45:17 UTC 2005

Curtis Maurand schrieb:
> Hi,
>  I've set up pdns and have been using it for months, but slave
> replication to non pdns and other pdns servers using the normal axfr
> stuff is driving me crazy and I have not been able to find coherent
> documentation or an answer on the subject.  essentially I've been
> setting up duplicate zones on both machines manually.  Very easy to
> screw up.

hi
uhm - straight to the point: and your question that you're searching the
answer for would be?

actually I get no clue out of your config what you're trying to achieve.

basic thing is: on the master enable axfrs from the IPs your slaves
have; define the domain as master in the domain table and of course have
your dns-records right (ie SOA is correct, all nameservers listed,...)

this should be it. don't take me wrong but maybe a first setup without
pdns but bind and getting basic things to work would help you while you
could then (after you managed the first steps) move on to a
database-backend for your nameservers.

hth,
harald kapper / http://kapper.net

ps. no offense meant