[Pdns-users] Recursion needs bind ?

testacc at xs4all.nl testacc at xs4all.nl
Sat Jul 9 22:00:18 UTC 2005

> On Sat, Jul 09, 2005 at 10:14:46PM +0200, testacc at xs4all.nl wrote:
>> I'm testing some things with PowerDNS and think that it's very nice to
>> use.
>
> Thanks!

No problem ! Thank you !

>> The problem that I see at this moment is recursing. As I'm right, PDNS
>> can't resolve to the outside world on his own and needs a recursor for
>> this. I think you always have to use BIND because this had the feature
>> that it can resolve on his own.
>
> You can use the pdns_recursor which comes with PowerDNS, and point the
> powerdns server that way.

Yes, indeed, that was the idea, also following the documentation. But to
what server ? All the root-servers of to the bind-machine ?

It would be nice to know what other people do. Point it to someonexlse his
BIND-DNS-server or install BIND-DNS-servers for your own.

Would be nice to know !