[Pdns-users] Re: update on kde-look.org / worldnic

Richard McLean richard at golivehost.com
Wed Jul 6 11:49:37 UTC 2005

At 12:56 PM +0200 6/7/05, bert hubert wrote:
>On Wed, Jul 06, 2005 at 12:50:56PM +0200, Volker Goetz wrote:
>>  sstuff.hh:19: error: namespace `boost' undeclared
>>
>>  Do I need to install the boost library first?
>
>Yes, sorry, I've been holding off relying on boost for ages but it is
>becoming too inconvenient. Red Hat, Debian, Ubuntu all have boost.

Can you give us a little more detail here? Nothing too complicated,
just what's involved in getting boost installed and pdns make to
recognize it.

I've installed boost 1.32.0 using:
bjam "-sTOOLS=gcc" install
confirmed that the libs are in /usr/local/lib, and then run
./configure --enable-recursor
make

But the make still dies. What other steps are needed to get boost
recognized, or what am I doing incorrectly? This is on CentOS 3.5.

--

cheers,
Richard