[Pdns-users] pdns[patch]

bert hubert ahu at ds9a.nl
Fri Jan 21 13:47:10 UTC 2005

On Fri, Jan 21, 2005 at 08:33:31AM -0500, Marc Jauvin wrote:
> I could not send to pdns-dev mailinglist, so here it is. This patch adds the
> following:

Hmm, did you get an error?

> - 'DNSPacket *p' arguments (defaults to 0) to the DNSBackend::getSOA() function
>   (so that backends can receive more information from _internal_ queries.)

Sounds good.

> - a new DNSPacket::getLocal() function
>  (provides the locally bound address of the query to the backends.)

Also good.

> - PipeBackend::lookup() now sends the local-ip to the CoProcesses.
>   (using DNSPacket::getLocal)

This changed the format of messages sent to the coprocess I think?

> Marc Jauvin
> http://register4less.com
> 514-905-6500

Can I derive from this that we have another big powerdns user? You are aware
that powerdns.com is a register4less.com domain? :-)

If we work out the last part, the possible 'ABI change' for the CoProcess,
I'll merge this patch.

Many thanks!