[Pdns-users] FW: CNAME drives my crazy

Harald Kapper hk at kapper.net
Sat Feb 26 15:04:06 UTC 2005

On Wed, 23 Feb 2005 17:46:09 +0100, "Michael Mertel" <Michael.Mertel at bwc.de>
wrote:

>thanks a bunch, allow-recursion-override did the job. I will have
>a look how much impact this setting will have on performance.
>
>Thanks again.
>
>Groetjes

hi
actually I'm a bit happy I had no cname-trouble like this yet, but as I read
about it I have to admit that for example I couldn't set the
allow-recursion-override to yes here, because this for example kills delegation
of subdomains to other nameservers.

but I just tested this - I'm using bind as the recursor backend and have no
problem whatsoever Michael described before (meaning cnames pointing to foreing
domains work flawless) - so I assume it's a recursor problem not a pdns-problem.

hth
hk