[Pdns-users] question about primary powerdns server updating itself or trying..

Michiel van Es michiele at info.nl
Fri Feb 11 11:48:20 UTC 2005

Hi,
I am running powerdns (latest version) as an authorative nameserver on
my server.
When I update a zone with poweradmin it sends notifies to the slave but
also to itself?
Feb  6 13:19:05 server pdns[4749]: Queued notification of domain
'pcintelligence.nl' to 82.161.137.102
Feb  6 13:19:06 server pdns[4749]: Received unsuccesful notification
report for 'pcintelligence.nl' from 192.168.0.254, rcode: 9
Feb  6 13:19:06 server pdns[4749]: Received spurious notify answer for
'pcintelligence.nl' from 192.168.0.254

this is the master (outside ip-adres) : 82.161.137.102
this is the gateway 192.168.0.254

I think powerdns is trying to contact itself on the outside ip-adres but
it fails with the gateway/NAT translation.

Does powedns need to updat itself when has changed?

How can I fix this?
Using a local /etc/hosts file putting a local entry in there?

This is how it looks like in poweradmin:
[ edit record ]  [ delete record ]  	pcintelligence.nl	SOA
xmichielx.demon.nl hostmaster at pcintelligence.nl 2005021004		3600
[ edit record ] [ delete record ] 	pcintelligence.nl	NS
xmichielx.demon.nl		3600
[ edit record ] [ delete record ] 	pcintelligence.nl	NS	ns1.info.nl		86400

The slave notify works great but I want to get rif off the above
notice/error.

Thanks for your help.

--
Michiel