[Pdns-users] Performance Tuning

Michael Loftis mloftis at wgops.com
Wed Dec 14 21:23:46 UTC 2005

--On December 14, 2005 12:28:47 PM -0800 Max Clark <max at clarksys.com> wrote:

> Hi all,
>
> I have a pdns instance running against a mysql backend. The machine is
> performing great and I will be consolidating additional servers/zones
> onto these boxes. Given a higher volume environment, what should I be
> using for the following configuration items:

Oh one other thing I did was massive throttling of dnscached's statistics
logging output.  Goddamned thing spend most of it's time logging.  Probabyl
still does.  I wanted the stats so what I did is I made it only log every
500th time or so.  Especially when the cache is just beginning to fill this
was totally swamping out the system.