[Pdns-users] Apparent DoS

Michael Loftis mloftis at wgops.com
Wed Dec 7 01:34:33 UTC 2005

--On December 6, 2005 4:52:34 PM -0800 PowerDNS User
<pdns-list at phlippers.net> wrote:

> Hello,
>
> I am a recent convert from BIND and I am quite happy with PowerDNS. Since
> I  installed pdns about a month ago, however, I have suffered 3 serious
> crashes  which have brought the server down. A stroll through
> /var/log/messages  reveals the following:

What version of pdns and what platform?  If Linux what distro.

As far as it goes if you're not mastering for bind or having huge entries
or anything like that you can try turning off TCP queries altogether.  That
is if that's what you mean by connections.