[Pdns-users] Manual notify problem with LDAP backend

Fabian Fagerholm fabbe at paniq.net
Thu Aug 18 19:50:01 UTC 2005

On Thu, 2005-08-18 at 17:40 +0200, Norbert Sendetzky wrote:
> I would say pdns isn't asking any backend (at least not the ldapbackend) for
> any paniq.net record. Otherwise there would be a query output in the logs.
>
> The error must be somewhere in the pdns code which decides to ask the backends
> for the SOA record and therefore tests the existence of the domain.
>
> Maybe a patch introduced this error in 2.9.17. Do you know if 2.9.16 worked?

Unfortunately, I never used 2.9.16, so I don't know.

If I could get the necessary parts to build a .deb package of that
version, I could try. The one on the pdns site fails to install. And
sadly, snapshot.debian.net has had a hard drive failure which wiped that
package among others, so my time machine is broken... :/

For various reasons, I can't install software on the machine in question
using any other means than .deb packages. Copying the entire setup to
another machine is quite a lot of work. So if anyone happens to find the
Debian diff for 2.9.16, let me know and I'll see if that version works.

I'm not very familiar with the pdns code, but as soon as I find the
time, I'll look at this with a debugger. Unless someone finds the cause
first.

--
Fabian Fagerholm <fabbe at paniq.net>