[Pdns-users] PDNS -Server Failed

Andrew Turnbull abturnbull at gmail.com
Sat Aug 13 09:49:00 UTC 2005

On 13/08/05, bert hubert <bert.hubert at netherlabs.nl> wrote:

> > > Are you handing out 0 second or other really low TTL's?
> >
> > The TTL is 3600
>
> If all your nameservers are down, all bets are off. If a domain wasn't
> previously cached, it will not be available instantly, otherwise it will
> happen while the TTL is expiring.

All the servers were up
I pinged from another network, using different DNS (which would cache it)
I shut down both DNS servers
I then pinged from the same network as before and got no reply.
I brought the DNS servers back up
I then pinged again and got a reply.

> This is not a PowerDNS "Issue".

I think it is, or some setting I am missing.