[Pdns-users] PDNS -Server Failed

Andrew Turnbull abturnbull at gmail.com
Fri Aug 12 07:28:16 UTC 2005

Hi there

I recently had a failure on my PDNS servers, where they both happened
to go down at the same time (catastrophic power failure).

But what I did notice was that all the domains they were authoritative
for stopped working.

IE when the PDNS server is up and running, from other networks with
different DNS servers I can ping all the domains no problem. However
when they went down the same pings from another network didn't
respond.

Its as if every request for the DNS name resolution goes to my server.

I thought the whole idea was that it distributed my DNS records to
other servers.

Is there any settings I should be looking at ?
Or is this just the way it works ?

Thanks in Advance