[Pdns-users] PIPE backend information

Jason Z. jzmatrix at gmail.com
Wed Aug 10 15:44:33 UTC 2005

I am trying to implement a pipe backend using the example script in the
documentation, however I'm certain I'm doing something incorrectly as the
pdns daemon will not correctly initialize or answer any test queries.

The log states -- TCP server is unable to launch backends - will try again
when questions come in: Command '/scripts/DNS/DNS-Backend' cannot be
executed: No such file or directory
However the file does exist and can be utilized from the command line.

Does anyone know where to find better documentation for the pipe backend
(namely pdns.conf configuration settings as well as information on the
'coprocess') than the basic documentation on the pdns site which doesn't
provide much detail for the pipe backend?

Thank you for any information you can provide.

Jason Z.