[Pdns-users] pipe-backend

Christian Loitsch pdns-users.mailman.powerdns.com at abc.fgecko.com
Thu Apr 28 21:09:44 UTC 2005

Hello

I wrote a python-program for the pipe-backend and have a few questions.
(The complete program is available at: http://pdns.fgecko.com)

* What should I reply to a "PING"?  The doc doesn't tell:
  <http://doc.powerdns.com/backends-detail.html#PIPEBACKEND>

* My resolve.conf lists 127.0.0.1 as the first nameserver, and has 2
  other nameserver entries.  Requests for domains handled by my server
  work fine.  Ping and programs for other domains work as expected as
  well.  But when I use dig for foreign domains, I get an empty reply.
  Apparently dig only asks my server and gives up.
  My python script answers with END if it doesn't handle the domain.  Is
  this correct? (Or should I FAIL at some point?)

thanks
christian