[Pdns-users] PowerDNS and Bind replication.

Jim Leavitt jim at treefrog.ca
Tue Apr 12 14:36:43 UTC 2005

Hi List;

I am trying to get my 2 bind servers to replicate to my PDNS server.
Obviously I am having a little trouble, and I think the major reason is
I dont understand exactly how this supermaster stuff works.  Heres what
I have done so far:

1)  Added my 2 bind servers ip addresses into the ip field of the
supermasters table.  In the nameserver field I put the hostname of the
PDNS server.  I left the account field empty.
2)  I added an NS record of the PDNS server to the domains that I want
to replicate, on the Bind servers.

What else do I need to do?

Also any further reading on this subject would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks for your time.

Jim Leavitt

Programmer
Treefrog Interactive Inc.