[Pdns-users] NAPTR RRs

Lorens Kockum lorens-pdns-3987 at tagged.lorens.org
Tue Sep 21 09:21:46 UTC 2004

On Mon, Sep 20, 2004 at 04:19:42PM -0400, Anshuman S. Rawat wrote:
> +----+-----------+-----------------+-------+---------------------------------------------------+-------+------+-------------+
> | id | domain_id | name            | type  | content                                           | ttl   | prio | change_date |
> +----+-----------+-----------------+-------+---------------------------------------------------+-------+------+-------------+
> |  7 |         1 | us.sos-arpa.net | NAPTR | 100 50 "s" "http+I2L" "" "_http.cs.columbia.edu." |  1200 | NULL |        NULL |
> +----+-----------+-----------------+-------+---------------------------------------------------+-------+------+-------------+
>
> The documentation says that NAPTR RR types are supported. So anyone know
> what I am missing here ?

PDNS will not return content that does not parse correctly
according to the type (at least not in cases I've seen).

The problem is simply that there should be no quotes around
_http.cs.columbia.edu. I tested this by putting quotes like you
did in a working record, and the record "disappeared".

I don't think there should be a final dot either.

--
#include <std_disclaim.h>                          Lorens Kockum