[Pdns-users] Re: Field order "wrong", SOA not being the first.

bert hubert ahu at ds9a.nl
Fri Oct 15 13:56:25 UTC 2004

On Fri, Oct 15, 2004 at 03:52:43PM +0200, Stephane Bortzmeyer wrote:

> > They require the SOA to be first?
>
> Warning: from my experience at a DNS registry, I can testify that
> people often propagate legends about what the registry requires or
> not, specially when there are go-between in the middle (registrars or
> resellers) that add more blurring to the issue.

I can tell you about my experiences with .co.za... But I've also found a bug
in the .nl verification scripts which was not their policy, but a coding
problem, but people perceived it as 'the rule', which confirms what you say.

> I suggest to trust only official written statements from the Italian
> NIC.

Indeed. But it might be a practical problem for people which powerdns might
solve.