[Pdns-users] Removing zones from the (g)MySQL backend...

Harald Kapper hk at kapper.net
Fri Nov 12 18:40:11 UTC 2004

On Fri, 12 Nov 2004 14:36:41 +0000, Mark Watts <m.watts at eris.qinetiq.com> wrote:

>I've got a pdns server running nicely with MySQL as its backend (using the
>generic sql backend).
>
>I've added a zone for pdns to be a slave for and that worked just fine...
>
>How do I remove that zone and stop pdn from being a slave (for that zone)

hi
actually you simply remove the domain from the domains-table and o'coz the
records regarding the very same domain_id from the records table - I suggest to
either set a referential integrity here so you can easily cascade a delete for
the domain to the records or vice-versa restrict a domain-delete as long as
there are records associated to this domain.

hth
hk