[Pdns-users] PowerDNS on Mac OS X 10.3.6

Clay Loveless clay at killersoft.com
Wed Nov 10 21:54:06 UTC 2004

On 11/10/04 7:22 AM Pacific Time, Michel Stol (michel at powerdns.com) wrote:

> It seems that POSIX semaphores aren't implemented on MacOS X, a workaround
> might be to write your own semaphore wrapper class for MacOS X that uses
> native semaphore support (if available). Or you could use a mutex in
> combination with an integer to emulate a semaphore.

Hmm -- I would jump right on this if I knew how to go about it. I'm not much
of a C/C++ programmer.

I've done some googling about POSIX semaphores on OS X, and found some
interesting things in Mac OS X developer documentation. It looks like OS X
has some wrapper functions built in to account for its apparently incomplete
POSIX semaphore implementation.

Thanks for the pointer!
-Clay

--