[Pdns-users] MASTER/SLAVE problems

Martin Kuchar lists at nss.wproduction.cz
Fri May 28 10:06:46 UTC 2004

If i'm right, the master.slave communication works like this:

1. if serial is changed on MASTER, MASTER sens notification to SLAVE
2. SLAVE received this notification and ask MASTER for data about domain (i
thing serial#)
3. MASTER reply FROM CACHE - NOT FROM DATABASE !!!
4. because of this, if asked domain is cached with old serial, AXFR will not
be processed

If this is how it works, it is big fail. It is needed to CLEAR cache on
MASTER for domain BEFORE sent the notify.

Please reply. This is a BIG problem...

Martin Kuchar