[Pdns-users] Wildcard A RR

Derrik Pates dpates at dsdk12.net
Wed May 26 12:19:04 UTC 2004

Mark Constable wrote:
> I'm just starting to test pdns but am not in an ideal test
> environment. It's not clear to me from any docs I've read
> so far whether a wildcard entry works with pdns. Will...
>
>  *  IN  A  12.34.56.78
>
> work with pdns the same as it does with bind ?

In fact, you can use wildcard records in PowerDNS. Unless you specify
'wildcards=off' in the config file anyway. You do have to specify the
name part as '*.domain.tld', of course (following convention with the
rest of PowerDNS), but we have several customers who take advantage of
the wildcard feature, and it works fine.

--
Derrik Pates
dpates at dsdk12.net