[Pdns-users] failed connections to gmysql

Derrik Pates dpates at dsdk12.net
Sun May 16 18:59:15 UTC 2004

Bob Lockie wrote:
> I don't understand the question.
> I use Gentoo as my Linux distribution and I installed the MySQL-4.0.18
> that it has.
> I downloaded and intalled pdns-2.9.16.
> There are no servers on this machine, it is my desktop. :-)

Well, for you to use a MySQL database on _localhost_, you would kind of
have to have a MySQL server running there, no? I don't know enough about
Gentoo and how its packaging/build process works to know what exactly is
going on. Maybe you need to break out strace on it, and see what exactly
it's doing.

--
Derrik Pates
dpates at dsdk12.net