[Pdns-users] failed connections to gmysql

Derrik Pates dpates at dsdk12.net
Sun May 16 17:31:35 UTC 2004

Bob Lockie wrote:

> Is this ok?
>
> # /etc/init.d/pdns monitor

> May 16 11:58:57 gmysql Connection failed: Unable to connect to database:
> Can't connect to MySQL server on 'localhost' (111)
> May 16 11:58:57 Caught an exception instantiating a backend, cleaning up
> May 16 11:58:57 TCP server is unable to launch backends - will try again
> when questions come in: Unable to launch gmysql connection: Unable to
> connect to database: Can't connect to MySQL server on 'localhost' (111)
> May 16 11:58:57 About to create 3 backend threads
> May 16 11:58:57 gmysql Connection failed: Unable to connect to database:
> Can't connect to MySQL server on 'localhost' (111)
> May 16 11:58:57 gmysql Connection succesful

It should try to connect to the UNIX domain socket first, but it sounds
like that's failing. Or at least, that'd be my guess by the fact that it
eventually succeeds. Are you using packaged MySQL libraries and a local
MySQL server install, or vice versa? That would explain why UNIX domain
socket connection apparently fails.

--
Derrik Pates
dpates at dsdk12.net