[Pdns-users] no content

Derrik Pates dpates at dsdk12.net
Wed May 12 22:37:44 UTC 2004

Bob Lockie wrote:
> I added one domain to my new PowerDNS installation and I'm getting this
> error.
> "Not authoritative for...".
> I fixed that, it seems someone else had that so I googled it.
>
> I have another problem.
> I'm getting a response but no content and the aurority section returns
> my SOA record...

How did you convert the data for the domain? By hand? Did you create a
record in the 'domains' table to represent the zone? That's necessary.
Personally I use MySQL 4.0.15 with InnoDB tables so I get foreign key
relationships, so that's always handled for me (and I get other side
benefits as well, but I digress). Look at the 'zone2sql' tool's output
if you haven't already. If you're using MySQL, make sure to use the
--gmysql switch, not the --mysql switch.

--
Derrik Pates
dpates at dsdk12.net