[Pdns-users] PowerDNS hangs when used with recursor=

Lukas Beeler lb-pdns-users at projectdream.org
Sat May 15 06:33:32 UTC 2004

I've got an installation of PowerDNS where it runs with
recursor=127.0.0.1, and a recursor is listening on said address.
After a while (2-7h), pdns_server stops responding to any query
it receives. No error message in the logfile. Nothing solid to
see when using strace.

How could i debug this kind of problem? Running it under gdb
seems quite difficult, since its a threaded application, and i
have barely no clue on how to debug in gdb anyway.

Could anyone tell me what information i should provide
so that someone with more knowledge than myself could
debug this?

Below is the configuration file iam using:

daemon=no
setuid=pdns
setgid=pdns
launch=gmysql
webserver=no
local-address=195.134.143.80
gmysql-socket=/var/run/symysql/symysql.sock
gmysql-user=pdns-master
gmysql-dbname=pdns
gmysql-password=[cut]
recursor=127.0.0.1