[Pdns-users] Error message: recvfrom gave error, ignoring: Resource temporarily unavailable

Bob Eckert, Jr. bobjr at nanc.com
Fri May 14 15:37:40 UTC 2004

Hey there.  Sorry to add more traffic to an unusually busy list this week.

I'm receiving a number of these error messages:

May 14 11:27:49 ns1 pdns[23555]: recvfrom gave error, ignoring: Resource
temporarily unavailable
May 14 11:27:50 ns1 pdns[23555]: recvfrom gave error, ignoring: Resource
temporarily unavailable
May 14 11:27:51 ns1 pdns[23555]: recvfrom gave error, ignoring: Resource
temporarily unavailable
May 14 11:27:52 ns1 pdns[23555]: recvfrom gave error, ignoring: Resource
temporarily unavailable

This system is running version 2.9.16 on Gentoo Linux 2004.1.  Native
replication is set up and seems to be working okay.  Recursor is running and
its answering questions, but SLOWLY.  Its doing about 5-6 queries per
second.  This is down severely from the system it is replacing (which was a
Pentium 166(!), processing about 25 queries per second).  So I'm fairly sure
this is what's causing a pretty decent performance hit.

I've searched the archive for the last 6 months, checked the FAQ, and
googled to no avail.

Any information or directions to point me in would be greatly appreciated.

Best regards,

-Bob Eckert Jr.
 North American Networks Corporation