[Pdns-users] query logging

Bob Lockie bjlockie at lockie.ca
Tue Jun 22 16:32:59 UTC 2004

I want to log all queries that go to pdns.

I've modified the /usr/local/etc/pdns.conf:
log-dns-details=no
logging-facility=0
loglevel=3

logfile=pdns.log
query-logging=yes

and restarted the server.

I also modified /etc/syslog.conf:
# pdns logging
local0.=info                                    -/var/log/pdns/info
local0.=warn                                    -/var/log/pdns/warn
local0.=err                                     /var/log/pdns/err

and restarted server.

I do get some SQL queries logged but not the DNS queries.

I found names in my /etc/syslog.conf:
mail.=info                                      -/var/log/mail/info

Where are these configured?
I want to use 'pdns' instead of 'local0'.