[Pdns-users] Master/Slave to NON-PDNS

Harald Kapper hk at kapper.net
Thu Jul 22 07:46:45 UTC 2004

On Wed, 21 Jul 2004 22:06:25 -0500, "Barry Bourdage" <BBourdage at techpro.com>
wrote:

> I have PDNS under windows, running on two machines, I also have my ISP
>running BIND. Can I have PDNS do a backend replication via MYSQL, and
>master slave to the bind server. If so, what do I put in the domain
>table, and the conf file.

*g*

this definitely won't work, even if your isp had a mysql-backend for bind (which
I doubt, though it exists), the data-structure won't match, you'll have to go
with running pdns as slave and query your master-dns for updates regularly / get
notified by bind (which it does fine) on updates.

hth
hk