[Pdns-users] CNAME Question

Lorens Kockum lorens-pdns-3987 at tagged.lorens.org
Fri Jul 9 08:28:06 UTC 2004

On Fri, Jul 09, 2004 at 03:17:24AM -0500, Barry Bourdage wrote:
> I only have 1 IP address for the virtual domains, I then use host
> headers to distinguish the correct domain. How do I do that with only
> one A record.

You want the IP addresses to be defined once and only once for
all your domains, right?

You can't.

A pain, isn't it?

Especially if you host the website for domains without also
hosting the DNS; that means you have to ask the client to change
the zone every time you want to change the IP on your server.

On this and CNAMEs see:

http://mailman.powerdns.com/pipermail/pdns-users/2004-March/001492.html

--
#include <std_disclaim.h>                          Lorens Kockum