[Pdns-users] start not working, monitor does

Andrew Cockrell andrew at cockrell.ca
Thu Jan 22 07:14:45 UTC 2004

Don't know the status of the bug, but....

Instead of worrying about your SSH Sessions timing out, install screen.
It allows you to start up a virtual screen, run a process within it,
detach from the screen and then logout.  You can then subsequently ssh
back into your box, re-attach to the screen, and your process will still
be there, running, and you can see the output that it's written to the
console.

It's also great if you have a process that logs/dumps info to the
console, want to see the info, but don't want to either (a) mess up your
actual console, or (b) keep a monitor connected.

---==  Andrew  ==---