[Pdns-users] Question about new/other features

Clint Martin clintm at laplink.com
Thu Jan 22 00:53:23 UTC 2004

Hello

I was wondering if anyone had considered adding, or even think it worth
it to add the ability for PowerDNS to change what it puts in DNS query
answers based on
Where the query is coming from.  For example, BIND 9 (8 too I think)
supports what they call "VIEWS":
	--	One server process can provide multiple "views" of the
DNS namespace, e.g. an "inside" view to certain clients, and an
"outside" view to others
Is this functionality something that anyone would like to see
implemented.  I currently use BIND for my primary DNS services and am
looking to replace it with PowerDNS (I Just love PDNS too much!)  and I
would like to be able to implement this.    I figure I could implement
it fairly easily by running multiple instances of PDNS on different IP
addresses/interfaces having custom SQL for each instance to give me the
separation I want, however That is a little bit of a pain. and I'm lazy
by nature. ;]
If this is something that people would like, I'm completely willing to
volunteer time/code to make it happen.  I just basically want to know if
it's worth the time, or if I should just use the multiple instance
method..

Sorry if this is the wrong place to ask, please direct me to the correct
place if it is.

Clint