[Pdns-users] Sending DNS NOTIFY packets - question

Derrik Pates dpates at dsdk12.net
Mon Jan 19 23:41:30 UTC 2004

I decided today that it made sense to make a change to the guts of
PowerDNS, and have since made the change and put the modified build into
service. However, I thought I should ask:

The change I made was to, when an update is noted on a zone for which
notifications are to be sent out, get the SOA data, and if the NS to
send a notify to is named as the master nameserver in the SOA, it gets
skipped instead of sending a NOTIFY. This seems to make sense, since
only the master should be sending NOTIFYs about a zone in the first
place, and it doesn't need to notify itself - since well, it's where the
change was made. If anyone else agrees, I'll send a quick patch - the
necessary additions to do this totaled about 4-5 lines of extra code in
communicator.cc.

--
Derrik Pates
dpates at dsdk12.net