[Pdns-users] Re: [Pdns-announce] PowerDNS 2.9.14

Jeroen Wunnink jeroen at easyhosting.nl
Sat Jan 17 10:11:38 UTC 2004

It doesn't work properly.., the .14 rpm that is..

[root at dnstools log]# /etc/init.d/pdns status
23531: Child running on pid 23538
[root at dnstools log]# /etc/init.d/pdns status
23531: Child died with code 1

No logging happens in the /var/log/messages, this also happened when I
compiled the patched .13 version myself and let it deamonize (thus I let it
run with a nohup as a normal client)

[root at dnstools powerdns]# cat /proc/version
Linux version 2.4.20-24.7smp (bhcompile at porky.devel.redhat.com) (gcc
version 2.96 20000731 (Red Hat Linux 7.3 2.96-113)) #1 SMP Mon Dec 1
13:18:03 EST 2003

[root at dnstools powerdns]# rpm -qa | grep gcc
gcc-c++-2.96-110
gcc-g77-2.96-110
gcc-2.96-110

The .13 version tends to die occasionally with an 'out of memory' error..,
workaround is that I let a cronjob restart pdns every hour..

Any suggestions ?