[Pdns-users] Mysql backend, supermaster / superslave, receving NOTIFY from bind9.2.1 not working

Huxley [JAC] huxley at thejediacademy.net
Wed Jan 14 19:20:20 UTC 2004

Ok, I'm trying to get a clustered setup, allowing my secure10.domain.com, running my cpanel software, to send a notify, to my nsm.domain.com server,
which i want to have 'nsm' build out the dns record file, so other name servers can update from it.

So far, I get to:

--(mysql database)---------

mysql> select * from domains;
+----+-----------+----------------+------------+-------+-----------------+---------+
| id | name      | master         | last_check | type  | notified_serial | account |
+----+-----------+----------------+------------+-------+-----------------+---------+
|  4 | brian.com | 192.168.10.33 | NULL | SLAVE |            NULL |         |
+----+-----------+----------------+------------+-------+-----------------+---------+
(end Mysql database)-------------------

But it wont retreive the proper information from the named/bind9 server that it got the notify from:

Jan 14 13:05:38 nsm pdns[11209]: Domain brian.com is stale, master serial 2004011400, our serial 0
Jan 14 13:05:38 nsm pdns[11209]: 1 slave domain needs checking

it just repeats this message over and over.

If I delete from domains, it just re-adds itself.

Here is my supermasters table:

----(mysql supermasters)------------------------
mysql> select * from supermasters;
+----------------+-------------------------+---------+
| ip             | nameserver              | account |
| 192.168.10.33 | secure10.domain.com | NULL    |
1 row in set (0.00 sec)

I've set named's debugging up high, and it keeps receiving notifys from this 'nsm' server, but its not pulling the information over and i cant tell why.
named seems to not give out any errors, and my named conf has allow transfer and also-notify options, pointing to the right server '192.168.10.33'

Ive read through the docs and searched for 3 days on this issue online, to no avil.

If anyone has any ideas as to how I can allieviate this situation, and make my secure10 server properly dish out domains to powerdns/mysql, I would love the help.

Thank you in advance!!

-Huxley