[Pdns-users] Db changes dectection

Derrik Pates dpates at dsdk12.net
Sun Feb 29 19:20:55 UTC 2004

Stefano Straus wrote:
> Will PDNS detect and notify automatically secondary if a record is
> changed in the db and soa serial is incremented?
>
> Or a pdns_control notify x is always needed?

That should not normally be needed. As long as the zone serial is
updated, it should "just work". I'll be submitting a new version of my
autoserial patch to make automatic zone serial numbers work with the
generic MySQL and PostgreSQL backends, so you can properly do autoserial
with them. (I've been using a patch I put together on the DNS servers I
run at my work for some time now.)

--
Derrik Pates
dpates at dsdk12.net