[Pdns-users] PDNS && Solaris && Recursor setting not working

Remco Post remco at pipsworld.nl
Tue Feb 24 22:26:22 UTC 2004

On Feb 24, 2004, at 22:40, Roderick Groesbeek wrote:

> Are there any more of these kind of BIG ENDIAN'ness in the source code?

in the recursor-code there must be more of this....

> I see the dnsheader has a part for BIG ENDIAN and a part for LITTLE
> ENDIAN,
> but the 'id' has been left out.
>
> ~~
>   //! the raw DNS header
>   struct dnsheader
>   {
>     unsigned int id:16;  //!< id of this query/response
> #ifdef WORDS_BIGENDIAN     // ultrasparc
>     unsigned int qr:1;      //!< 1 if this is a query, 0 if response
> ~~
>
> Aren't then any other locations where the ID has to be converted to
> some
> form of little endianness??

I can't think of any other time pdns would want to generate an id and
later compare it to something. In all other cases pdns would just wat
to preserve it...

--
Met vriendelijke groeten,

Remco Post

SARA - Reken- en Netwerkdiensten                      http://www.sara.nl
High Performance Computing  Tel. +31 20 592 8008    Fax. +31 20 668 3167

"I really didn't foresee the Internet. But then, neither did the
computer industry. Not that that tells us very much of course - the
computer industry didn't even foresee that the century was going
to end."                                       -- Douglas Adams