[Pdns-users] built in recursor: what ip to set recursor=?

Roderick Groesbeek powerdns at roderick.triple-it.nl
Tue Feb 24 20:00:03 UTC 2004

Howdy Ken,

From: "Ken Scott" <ken at encode.com>
To: <pdns-users at mailman.powerdns.com>
Sent: Tuesday, February 24, 2004 6:09 PM
Subject: Re: [Pdns-users] built in recursor: what ip to set recursor=?

> I've been reading up on making my own rpm for this,
> but first i must make sure that it will compile from source on my redhat
> system,
>
> but i get this error:
> configure: error: C preprocessor "/lib/cpp" fails sanity check
>
> any ideas what is wrong here? cpp is installed, in fact i just reinstalled
> it to make sure there
> were no problems with the old install. but still the same.

You probably have not installed g++
~~
[rgroesb at shix01 rgroesb]$ rpm -qf /usr/bin/g++
gcc-c++-3.2.2-5
[rgroesb at shix01 rgroesb]$
~~

> my install log:
>
> [root at ns1 pdns-2.9.15]# ./configure --with-modules="--enable-recursor"

Above command is not correct.
It's something like:
~~
./configure --with-dyn-modules="gmysql pipe pdns
xdb" -enable-verbose-logging --
enable-recursor  && make
~~

> checking for g++... no

PowerDNS is mostly C++ code, so you will need that one.

Anyway, I have made a pre-RPM for deployment on our production machines to
install
when our Solaris PDNS services where up and running.
(Unfortunately I still have problems with recursor, pdns_recursor to keep on
running smoothly on solaris.
 Some strange things happen when I debug the code with GDB...)

If you need a kick-start on creating your own Powerdns RPM check out the
following location
and grab the files (.spec) you need.
http://www.roderick.triple-it.nl/pdns/

Vriendelijke Groet,

Roderick
--
Pettemerstraat 12A                                  T r I p l e
1823 CW Alkmaar                                         T