[Pdns-users] built in recursor: what ip to set recursor=?

Ken Scott ken at encode.com
Tue Feb 24 17:09:59 UTC 2004

I've been reading up on making my own rpm for this,
but first i must make sure that it will compile from source on my redhat
system,

but i get this error:
configure: error: C preprocessor "/lib/cpp" fails sanity check

any ideas what is wrong here? cpp is installed, in fact i just reinstalled
it to make sure there
were no problems with the old install. but still the same.

my install log:

[root at ns1 pdns-2.9.15]# ./configure --with-modules="--enable-recursor"
/dns/new_pdns/pdns-2.9.15/missing: Unknown `--run' option
Try `/dns/new_pdns/pdns-2.9.15/missing --help' for more information
configure: WARNING: `missing' script is too old or missing
checking for gawk... gawk
checking for gcc... gcc
checking for suffix of executables...
checking whether gcc accepts -g... yes
checking whether byte ordering is bigendian... no
checking for gcc... (cached) gcc
checking whether we are using the GNU C compiler... (cached) yes
checking for gcc option to accept ANSI C... (cached) none needed
checking dependency style of gcc... (cached) gcc3
checking for g++... no
checking for c++... no
checking for gpp... no
checking for aCC... no
checking for CC... no
checking for cxx... no
checking for cc++... no
checking for cl... no
checking for FCC... no
checking for KCC... no
checking for RCC... no
checking for xlC_r... no
checking for xlC... no
checking whether we are using the GNU C++ compiler... no
checking whether g++ accepts -g... no
checking dependency style of g++... none
checking for bison... no
checking for byacc... no
checking for flex... flex
checking for flex... (cached) flex
checking for yywrap in -lfl... yes
checking lex output file root... lex.yy
checking whether yytext is a pointer... yes
checking whether make sets $(MAKE)... (cached) yes
checking for a sed that does not truncate output... /bin/sed
checking for egrep... grep -E
checking for ld used by gcc... /usr/bin/ld
checking if the linker (/usr/bin/ld) is GNU ld... yes
checking for /usr/bin/ld option to reload object files... -r
checking for BSD-compatible nm... /usr/bin/nm -B
checking whether ln -s works... yes
checking how to recognise dependent libraries... pass_all
checking how to run the C preprocessor... /lib/cpp
configure: error: C preprocessor "/lib/cpp" fails sanity check
See `config.log' for more details.