[Pdns-users] Solaris anyone?

Curtis Maurand curtis at maurand.com
Wed Feb 18 20:27:59 UTC 2004

On Wed, 18 Feb 2004, Gabriel Ambuehl wrote:

> Hello Curtis,
>
> Wednesday, February 18, 2004, 9:09:03 PM, you wrote:
>
> > Say what you want, I still like MySQL after having spent the last 3 weeks
> > working on a PostgreSQL system and trying to deal with things that just
> > work on MySQL that don't work on PostgreSQL.
>
> I'm glad to hear that I'm not the only one with this problem. The other
> people around her keep telling me that it is MySQL that is the weird
> one of the two...

MySQL doesn't have all of the features of PostgreSQL (stored
procedures, triggers and subqueries in 4.0...Stored procedures and
triggers in 4.0 and 4.1.  4.1 has subqueries) but they are coming.  5.0.0
Alpha has stored procedures.  5.1 gets triggers.  Of course improperly set
triggers is like setting a ping-pong ball loose in a room full of
mouse traps.

Curtis

--
Curtis Maurand