[Pdns-users] Interbase/Firebird - PowerDNS Future?

bert hubert ahu at ds9a.nl
Mon Dec 20 20:17:43 UTC 2004

On Mon, Dec 20, 2004 at 11:25:23AM -0500, Chris wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I'm looking for PDNS for the database support it provides... Is there
> any backend plans for Firebird support?  The database popularity is
> growing fast... Maybe I could work on it if there's demand for it...

It is not too hard to do. If you can write a SSQL driver (simple SQL), the
generic backend will simply support it.

> I'm also curious to know where is going PDNS?  No announce or updates
> since a few months now...  Have you heard or know anything about
> PowerDNS future?

We're gearing up for a release Real Soon Now. Furthermore, there have been
several huge deployments. PowerDNS is beyond 2,000,000 domains now or so,
which is none too shabby.

We try to address all problems that are reported, although this does not go
as fast as we'd want to.

Regards,

bert