[Pdns-users] Unable to compile PDNS on Solaris 9

Ronald Stubbe rstubbe at sit.nl
Sat Dec 18 23:25:34 UTC 2004

It has taken some time but I figered out what the problem was.

As I saw multiple problem reports with the same error, and with the version
of gcc incommen, I have installed the new version of gcc, 3.4.3.

That seem to have solved most of the problem, with the excepion of
headerfiles missing definition of field types.

So for all of you with the same trouble, DON'T use gcc 3.4.1 but upgrade to
version 3.4.3.

Update the following files, and it should work!

Update modules/gmysqlbackend/smysql.hh add the following line:

typedef unsigned short int u_int16_t;

Update modules/geobackend/ippreftree.hh add the following line:

typedef unsigned int u_int32_t;

Maybe also update the official source to reflect these "forgotton" typedef's

Ronald Stubbe
STUBBE IT bv