[Pdns-users] caching question

storm at apollo.lv storm at apollo.lv
Fri Aug 27 09:25:46 UTC 2004

Hello.

I have been playing around with pipe backend and I am
interested to know if there is a way to remove pdns
caching 100%... I tried all settings I could find but to
no avail...

packetcache-size
cache-ttl
query-cache-ttl

I do not use recursive queries....

But when I quickly do some lookups with 'nslookup' or
'host' command, I see that it's still caching and the
backend is not executed (I put an echo in backend prog to
make sure/check that  the backend is always run... but
it's not.. pdns is still caching something..)

Or the only solution is to write a real module, as geoip ?

Let me know and thanks in advance!

J.