[Pdns-users] CNAME extra balast for DNS server ?

Roeland Buisman robuisman at axess.nl
Wed Aug 25 08:14:03 UTC 2004

Hi,

because of a change on our servers with loadbalancing in wanted to
change standard DNS settings for domains, that point with an A record
directly to a server as follows:

webmail.axess.nl                          A          IN
203.30.164.233
webmail.axess.nl                          A          IN
203.30.164.227
pop.axess.nl                                 A          IN
203.30.164.225
pop.axess.nl                                 A          IN
203.30.164.231
mail.axess.nl                                A          IN
203.30.164.229
mail.axess.nl                                A          IN
203.30.164.223

then for every domain on the servers i want to change the following
records in PDNS

mail.domeinnaam.nl                       CNAME            pop.axess.nl
webmail.domeinnaam.nl                 CNAME            webmail.axess.nl
domeinnaam.nl                              MX
mail.axess.nl

My question here is: Can this give any problems with the load on the DNS
server ( 7000 domains), or any other problems? Or is there a better way
? ( we donĀ“t want our customers to have to change all there settings. )

thanks,

Roeland buisman

---