[Pdns-users] Getting query timeouts

Gerwin Krist gerwin at digitalus.nl
Wed Sep 24 11:23:54 UTC 2003

Oke sorry I will be more specific. I was trying to do a nameserver movement
(Nameserver verhuizing) at the SIDN (NL regist). So last night the SIDN did
checked all our .NL domains that they were valid (SIDN does this before
finalyze our nameserver movement). And I got an mail last morning that
about 370 domains failed becuase the queries timedout (see below). Oke so
this could either be caused by DNS software OR network problems (which I
can't imagine). If you say it's not possible that the software causes this
problem, I should search it in network problems.

(fake info)

errors=1, warnings=0, informational=0
* domein 24xxxx.nl.
* nameserver ns1.isp.nl./81.17.53.355
E server onbereikbaar of timeout (status: 'query timed out')
* nameserver ns2.isp.nl./81.17.53.350

.