[Pdns-users] CNAME /24 block

James admin at oxygenshell.com
Mon Sep 22 19:33:55 UTC 2003

Yes your correct and im sorry for not explaning more in detail. I have
blocks other than /24 blocks needing CNAME' to give reverse deligation to a
dedicated server customer. I been doing this for a long time and getting
tired of entering over 128/60 entrys in one pop. Very time consuming. I cant
use wildcares casue some of the blocks of ip ranges are not justified and a
customer has only purchased about 32/60 ips and not 256.

The main thing is deligating 32 or 128 ips with one step, I hope pdns
supports cidr's. Ill look over RFC's and see how its done and see if
powerdns handles it. I'm not sure just wondering if someone here knew of a
easy answer for me.

All reponses are appreciated.