[Pdns-users] Questions redux

Chris Andrews chris at nodnol.org
Sat Sep 6 20:30:02 UTC 2003

On Sat, Sep 06, 2003 at 09:06:09PM +0200, Norbert Sendetzky wrote:
> On Saturday 06 September 2003 21:01, Shane Iseminger wrote:
>
> > I'm no coder, but I'm happy to help test and such. Or am I crazy
> > for trying to run this on Solaris? :)
>
> I don't know. I'm using Linux ;-)

I've tried pdns on Solaris (SPARC, 32bit on a sun4m), and I found that
it generated a large number of SIGBUS errors due to unaligned accesses
(the SPARC being more restrictive than i386) I flagged up a number of
these, which were fixed, but I think some remain.

I haven't had time to look at this for a while, but the way to help
out would be to run the pdns binary by itself, rather than from the
guardian, and see what happens when you fire queries at it. If you are
killed with SIGBUS, that's most likely an unaligned access, and a gdb
backtrace should be enough to get it fixed.

Chris.