[Pdns-users] Got a signal 11, starting daemon

Mike Benoit mikeb at netnation.com
Mon Sep 1 17:04:53 UTC 2003

I'm seeing this too, but only on one of our two servers. Both are
running MySQL 4.0.14 + Compat libs for Redhat 7.3.

We just recently (in the last month) switched to the MySQL backend (from
PostgreSQL) and upgraded to 2.9.10, when the problems started happening.

I'll try recompiling the binary and see if that fixes the problem. The
weird thing though is why it only crashes on one of our nameservers and
not the other.

On Mon, 2003-09-01 at 03:14, Jeroen Simonetti wrote:
> > % Sep 01 07:14:15 Creating backend connection for TCP
>
> I had the exact same problem. It lies in the connection to your mysql
> backend. My guess is the static binary from powerdns.com is compiled
> with an incompatible version of mysql-client libraries.
>
> Simple recompile your own binary with the right mysql-client libraries
> and it'll work fine.
>

> Jeroen Simonetti
>
> --
> Netland Internet Services
> bedrijfsmatige internetoplossingen
>
> http://www.netland.nl   Kruislaan 419              1098 VA Amsterdam
> info: 020-5628282       servicedesk: 020-5628280   fax: 020-5628281

Best Regards,

Mike Benoit