[Pdns-users] Questions redux

Shane Iseminger shane at ethosmedia.com
Sat Sep 6 17:11:53 UTC 2003

OK, one more question. I've been looking at the PDNS statistics page,
and the uptime it lists is rarely more than a couple minutes. Sometimes
it's on the order of several seconds. Should I be concerned about this?
I'm not completely familiar with how PDNS runs with the guardian
process. Does this mean it's crashing and the guardian is continuously
starting it back up? Or does it mean that the server instance is
shutting down after a certain amount of inactivity, like an Apache
child process?

Thanks in advance,

Shane Iseminger