[Pdns-users] Auto-increment SOA

Steven J. Sobol sjsobol at JustThe.net
Thu Oct 23 18:49:16 UTC 2003

On Thu, 23 Oct 2003, bert hubert wrote:

> On Wed, Oct 22, 2003 at 09:41:35PM -0700, Steve Sobol wrote:
>
> > A bit of stupidity: If I go back to the old YYYYMMDDSS format,
> > soa_serial_offset is added to the serial number, but if the serial
> > number is 0, it's not... soa_serial_offset should work in concert with
> > the auto serial # feature, no?
>
> I never thought of that - fixed it, thanks!

One thing, however. The manual says the highest change_date value (I
assume the highest value from all of the records for the zone) is used if
you set the serial number to zero. It appears that that is not the case,
that the return value from time() is used instead. To make things
consistent, you ought to either change the auto-serial behavior or the
documentation. :)

(Your fix, however, will allow me to do what I wanted to do.)

--
JustThe.net Internet & New Media Services
22674 Motnocab Road * Apple Valley, CA 92307-1950