[Pdns-users] Windows DB Re-connect

Michel Stol michel at powerdns.com
Thu Mar 20 23:09:05 UTC 2003

Rohit,

>Thanks for your replies. Well let me give you an example, I just upgraded my
>version of mySQL so I had to shut down mySQL, install the new version, and
>then start it. During this process, if pdns was running, it would freeze and
>give the error message in my pervious email. However, it would listen on the
>sockets. My log file is included below.

As far as I know there isn't any facility available for such backend failure recovery. And I don't know if there ever will be
one (maybe Bert can comment on this?).

>Also, I noticed that the Linux version has mrtg reporting facilities. I'm
>assuming that this is not yet possible on Windows with pdns?

It should be. I haven't tried it though, on unix it works using the pdns_control program, and that is available on Windows
too. :)

>Does the pipebackend module work on Windows?

No, the there are only two backends for the Windows version, the ODBC backend and the Generic ODBC backend,
the former is deprecated and probably won't be available anymore in 2.9.7.

Greetings,

- Michel Stol