[Pdns-users] Problems with 2.9.6 on Linux

Mario Cole macole at echolabs.net
Fri Mar 14 15:25:22 UTC 2003

Lemme see...I am on an SMP system.  I *did* run a self-compiled version
of gcc 3.1.1.  The error started after I upgraded from 2.9.5.  Before
the upgrade, PDNS stopped responding.  After a restart (with 2.9.5) it
would take about 1 minute before it stopped responding.  With 2.9.6, it
took about the same amount of time.

> Do you have 'receiver-threads' set in your configuration? Can you show
> your
> configuration?
>
> Thanks. If you want to try something different, try our static
release.

I switched to using the pre-compiled binaries and all is fine now.  :-)
In fact, the rpms are much easier to use.  I can still send you my
configs if you still want to see it.

Thanks for the response!

Mario